Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life as a teenager. Chapter six.

Hello, I'm Ariel. Yes as you can tell since my mom is a Disney Princess, I'm also some how entitled to a Disney Princess name myself, I'm getting the idea that my mom was pretty close with Ariel the Mermaid. As you can see I'm nothing like THE Ariel, more like my mom and a lot of my dad.


So I wanted a joint birthday party for myself and my best friend Dianna Striker..we're the same age. My family is really close with her family. My mom took care of their first born Sebastian since he was a toddler, now the Strikers have THREE more kids! All whom my mother has cared for. I'd say we're pretty much a family.


"YAY, Dianna! Happy Birthday!!" Devin and Ariel yelled in excitement as Dianna blew out her birthday candles. Yeah, I told you I get a lot of my mannerisms from my dad, we look almost just alike here! 


"We're finally teenagers, Dianna!" "I know, I'm so excited" Diana replied. "We're gonna run this town you and I" I told Dianna..I have a bit of a rebellious streak in me. I don't know where I get that from.


"Okay Dad, it being my birthday and all I figured we could talk about maybe getting me a computer?" "We'll talk about it Dianna, but right now I'm eating this cake and that's ALL I'm thinkin' about!" Dianna's father said as he stuffed his face with birthday cake. "Mmmmm, delicious."

So just as the party was getting exciting I notice something strange..wow Tinkerbell is having a birthday too! Well, of course!! This is insane, my imaginary best friend is turning into a teenager as well. How crazy


I pulled her away from the party upstairs to change into my pjs and whispered to her "I"m going to figure out how to make you real, Tink. I know it can be done, I've been working on some new potions trying to figure it out. I didn't want to tell you until I did, but I figured I'd give you some hope"


 "Really?" replied Tinkerbell, you couldn't tell because you can't really see her expressions but I could tell she was excited to hear the news. "It's like the story of Pinocchio!" she said in excitement. "Oh how I love that story, I wonder what I'll look like as a real girl!"


"Once you become real, Tink you can become whatever you'd like. You don't have to stick around here only appearing when I want you to. You can show who you really are the world..maybe even become a star like my dad!" 


"You really think so, Ariel?" Tink didn't seem too sure. "I don't know if I have what it takes to be a star, but thank you for having hope in me, that's why you're my best friend!"

I kept my promise, any extra time I had I would be working on my lab trying to concoct the ingredients to make her real. It would be so cool to go to school with Tink, and let the world know my imaginary friend is NO longer imaginary! It would take time, lots of it. I was determined. 


"Don't lose faith, Tink. I know I can do this, if it's the last thing I do I'll make you real!" I had to convince myself sometimes because it seemed like every potion I came up with led me further away from finding the right one. "I know you'll find the right one Ariel, even if you never do I'm still happy here with you" Tink said softly. She was really good at cheering me up.

So when I wasn't cooped up in my room trying to figure out the right ingredient, I was going to school making eh..OK grades, good enough anyway. And hanging out with my bestie, Dianna. Prom was nearing and nobody had asked me yet, meh I wasn't too worried. Dianna and I told each other if we didn't find dates then we'd go together. 

Well, I found a date..right outside the little bistro one night..his name is Don and he's all sorts of delicious!


Almost instantly we clicked! It's like a light bulb went off. We were trading secrets and getting to know each other fast. We realized we had some classes together but never really spoke, I felt silly for not noticing such a cute boy before, but I was eager to get to know him now!


Well enough about me, my little brother is growing up! He's such a sweet little guy keeps to himself mostly. And if you were wondering about the name Phillip, yes it's also a Disney name. Look it up! 


Phillip shared the same secret only he and I could talk about. Our imaginary friends! He named his friend Peter Pan, funny huh. Well, we like Disney around here! I love my little bro, he's alright for a pipsqueak, he doesn't tattle on me and stays out of my way. Unless I want him to be around that is.



"He'res sort of a belated birthday gift, bro. It's a telescope, reach for the stars..k?" "Oh gee sis, oh wow a present I love presents!" "Haha, yeah calm down kid". I said to my brother.



One evening I sat my brother down and asked me how he felt about his imaginary friend and what it's like to keep the ultimate secret, because as we all know grown ups just don't believe.


"All I know is that Peter Pan is my best friend and to protect him I'm not gonna say a word!" "I am glad that I have someone to talk to about it though, and I'm glad it's you sissy" "Aw, kid you're not so bad yourself, I'm happy to have you in on our secret as well". And I meant that.


I received a text from Don asking if he could swing by for a bit, he had something to ask me..I'm pretty sure I already knew what it was and positive about what my answer would be. Dianna had already found herself a date..with a vamp..she's a brave girl. 

Pretty soon I heard my doorbell ring and there he was! He's so dreamy!


I saw him coming so I answered the door as soon as it rang, trying not to look so eager..I don't think that was happening though. He asked me if I'd like to step outside and maybe star gaze a little..Of course I was all over that!


I could feel my face turning red as I was trying to lay my hand on top of his. When I finally worked up the courage to do it, it seemed as if that was what he needed to ask me the question.


After a few silent moments he leaned over and whispered into my ear "Ariel, I would be honored if you'd let me take you to the prom". "Are you kidding me?" I said. He looked confused. "Of COURSE! what took you so long to ask?!" I chuckled. "Well, we did just start talking a few months ago, I wanted to make sure the right opportunity arose!" He said almost seeming concerned. "Ah, it's all right, this is perfect Don. Everything about tonight is perfect".


"The moon is almost as beautiful as you are, Ariel" Don said softly in my ear. I could feel myself falling..fast.


"That star right there will be our star" He pointed off. I wasn't sure which star it was but it made me happy.

1 comment: