Thursday, June 16, 2011

Modern Day Princess

This is a story narrated mostly by me but told by my wonderful characters..hope you enjoy!!

Princess Jasmine comes from Agrabah, Egypt. Her father, the Sultan grew tired of seeing his daughter so sad.. so he decided to grant her wish of being free of the palace walls. He was going to let her leave the nest and make a life of her very own.

(click photos to enlarge)



Princess Jasmine couldn't believe her ears when her father told her the wonderful news, no more dreaming of what COULD be!! She was actually on her way to fulfill the first part of her dream..starting with freedom!

After a long week..Jasmine decided Bridgeport would be her final destination, she would keep Agrabah close to her heart, she planned to visit some day with a family of her own.




This is Jasmine's story..

Jasmine knew she wanted to make it on her own but she needed help getting there..afterall her father was the Sultan and could provide everything she needed to start her own life. He did just that, the Sultan furnished his daughter with a simple one bedroom home..it was near mostly everything and he gave her a dowry of cash for upgrading the home to her liking. Princess Jasmin had to cut him off-

"Only the house, father. I want to find my own way, I want to start a career and make it on my own! I'm going to start my own daycare, I love children". So he built 3 extra rooms and a bathroom to suit her needs. She turned the downstairs bedroom into the nursery. After that she thanked her lovely father and started making her own living..




So, being a princess Jasmine is accustomed to a very certain lifestyle, though she's humble and willing to live a normal life..her bedroom is still fit for royalty!!



As Jasmine was gaining more and more attention as a respected and loved babysitter,  she was also mingling, making friends, and dating!! She met Devin Ashton, who was just starting out in the acting business. Boy, was he nice to look at!


They hit it off, pretty soon it was romance under the stars, long kisses, and midnight escapades.. They fell in love. Jasmine knew she found someone special. 




Devin knew he landed himself a beautiful, down to earth woman. He loved every single thing about her, right down to her toes! He absolutely swooned over her. Princess Jasmine was very open with where she came from and what she had planned for her life. NO help from her wealthy Sultan father, and any suitor was to oblige by that and expect nothing more..And that was exactly what Devin did, he was only interested in Jasmine. Wealthy, poor, it didn't matter to him. He was lost in her eyes.

Jasmine was very careful, she didn't want to get hurt, she was in a new city with new people and a new life. What was to come of her? She looked at herself and said "I achieved impossible things, I'm more than just a princess". She landed a great career, great guy..she really enjoyed where her life was headed. 


After Devin built up the guts to finally pop the question. He took her out to their favorite spot overlooking the city and he got down on his knee and said "You're my princess, I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever met and I want to spend the rest of my life being the prince you've always dreamed of, marry me Jasmine".

Well, Jasmine was a hard cookie to catch, but she knew a good thing when she saw one! She jumped for joy and squealed "OH! Devin, Of course I'll marry you. I love you!"


More to come...



(go to the next chapter on the right!)

4 comments:

  1. I love this story very well written keep up the good work.~JPSIMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It's still a work in progress. I'm fixing typos and editing to my liking. I really appreciate your time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I think you've got a great start here. Jasmine is beautiful and this is a really interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete